Get free digestable health tips to create a healthy, happy life!

How to Juice Without a Juicer

Congratulations! You’re reading about juicing, which means you’re taking the right steps toward a healthier you. Whether you’ve been juicing for years, or you’re just getting started, I applaud your commitment to your own health. Juicing is one of the most beneficial things you can do for your body and your mind.

Before juicing became a habit for me, I was overwhelmed by the differences between juicing and blending. Is juicing better? Is blending better? Does blending oxidize vegetables? Is juicing expensive? Will I get enough fiber from juicing? Which one is easier? Whew, lots of questions; and it didn’t end there. Once I got the answers to those questions, and decided to start juicing, there was still another big question. Which juicer should I buy? There is the centrifugal juicer, the masticating juicer, the triturating juicer, the citrus juicer, ah! I was back to square one all over again.

All I wanted was to experience the benefits of juicing I’d been hearing so much about, but without all the fuss. I thought that if I found a simple way to juice that wasn’t expensive or intimidating, I would likely stick with it.

I have a Vitamix and I love my smoothies, all kinds — fruit smoothies, nut and grain smoothies, green smoothies, superfood smoothies, you name it. I wasn’t ready to give that up, nor was I ready to invest in a juicer. But I still wanted to start juicing (read: fork in the road). That’s when I learned that there is a way to juice without a juicer. Tada!

I was happy to find out that I only had to invest $5 on veggie bags to strain the pulp and keep only the juice. I still got to use my Vitamix and just added an extra step to my normal smoothie-making routine.

A few weeks into juicing, it became second nature. After hearing stories about how much time it took to clean a traditional juicer and how much space it takes to store it (not to mention how pricey juicers can be), I decided to stick with my new method. To date, I don’t own a juicer, but I still have the option to juice and/or blend at any given moment.

If you don’t have a juicer, or you do but want to take a break from all the cleaning involved in traditional juicing, follow this quick video with easy steps to learn How to Juice Without a Juicer. In this video you will also learn the big difference between juicing vs. blending, simplified!

Oh, one more thing. Before I get to the video, here are the top 5 health benefits of green juicing on a regular basis.

Top 5 Benefits of Green Juicing

• Power-packed with nutrition: juicing allows you to consume an optimal amount of vegetables in an efficient manner
  • Releases stored toxins from your body: greens produce chlorophyll which oxygenates the body, enabling you to release stored toxins in the digestive system, lungs, liver and uterus
  • Healthier sking, hair and nails: the chlorophyll molecule has magnesium at its center, which helps absorb calcium, resulting in healthier skin, hair and nails
  • Improves focus, mental clarity and digestion, and promotes weight loss
  • Gives digestive system a break: juicing requires hardly any digestion, allowing the nutrients to get rapidly into your bloodstream

Enticing? Try my personal green juice recipe. I call it the “Mean Green Cifi Machine” ;). Its easy-to-find ingredients make for a simple yet nutritious juice.

Mean Green Cifi Machine
aka Green Juice

Yields 1 liter (about 32 fl. oz)
Preparation time: 15 minutes (including cleaning)

4-5 kale stalks
1 cup spinach
1 cucumber
4 celery stalks
¼ cup parsley
1 cup pineapple

Wash all your produce thoroughly. Chop to reasonable sizes to help blending. Blend with about a ½ cup of water. In a mid-size bowl, place a nut-milk bag or veggie bag in an upright position. Pour the juice mix into the bag and drain the content into the bowl. Do so by gently squeezing the juice. Tip: to keep this from getting messy, do not squeeze too hard. Pour the juice over your favorite glass and enjoy!

Note: This method also applies to other kinds of juicing such as carrot, beet, apple and pineapple juices.

xoxo

Ready for some healthy living advice that rocks? Sign up for updates, it's totally FREE!

1. Paul Rockattato says:

This is awesome, great information… Thank you!

2. Brian FitzGerald says:

I’m gonna have to try this for myself! You know I’ve made a million and one green smoothies but they normally end up either really thick or really watered down tasting. The green juice you made in the vid looks light and refreshing. Probably just what I need for my afternoon snack (like 3:00pm) when I’m starving between lunch and dinner.

• Cinthia says: (Author)

Good point about green smoothies. The beauty about juicing is that juices are not thick nor watered down, since you squeeze only the natural juice existing in vegetables/fruits and leave out the pulp. It does make for an excellent afternoon snack! I might even compare it to an energy drink, because once the fiber is removed, it gives you a direct hit of the nutrients — a pick-me-up kind of drink :)

3. Anna Dawson says:

Thanks for sharing the benefits of Benefits of Green Juicing.Online USA Doctors says that lutein, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D and zinc present in green juicing all play an important role in promoting eye health and can help decrease the risk of certain eye diseases. I agree juicing are a great way of providing a filling nutritional liquid meal at any time of the day. If you have an aversion to raw fruit and vegetables, perhaps try blending them together to create a nutritious green juice.

4. Jasmen Paloma says:

Hey I just found this article! Love the idea because I don’t want to invest in a juicer either! Lol but I was just wondering what that stick thing is you used to push the veggies down in the blender? I’m looking for it on amazon and can’t find it :-( Thanks if you can get back to me!

5. Jasmen Paloma says:

Um just kidding I re-read and found out it’s the vitamix. Next question: can you use the tamper tool in a regular blender? Found it on amazon but don’t want to buy unless it’ll fit in the blender I already have! (Those Vitamix blenders are a bit pricey!) Thanks again!

• Cinthia says: (Author)

Hey Jasmen, the tamper is designed for the vitamix because it has the right length needed to press the food without touching the blades (when the lid is on). The vitamix is taller than most blenders so chances are the tamper will come in contact with the blades on a different type of blender. If you decide to get the tamper just be wary of that. I know the vitamix can be pricey but if you’re into healthy cooking it will make your experience in the kitchen a lot easier. I use mine everyday for juices, smoothies, soups, dips, desserts, nut butter, nut milk, the list goes on. I’m sure it has paid for itself already :)

6. Clint says:

Hi,thanks for the info and video.I was curious about juicing without a commercially made juicer.I will start doing this today :) .

7. Kristen says:

Can you reuse the nut or veggie bags or are they for one time use only?

• Cinthia says: (Author)

Kristen, yes, you can reuse the veggie bags. You can rinse them and use them multiple times. After a few uses, I wash mine in the washing machine, they are very durable.

8. I am SO glad I found this. I already have so many kitchen gadgets and really don’t have the space for any more. This seems easy enough. Maybe this will be the kick I need to start juicing, which is something I’ve been wanting to do for a while now! Thanks!

9. Jennifer says:

I am very excited about this. My husband loves juices, he is a middle/high school teacher so you bet when he comes home he want a little pick me up before dinner is ready. I was wondering, what would you think the shelf life is for juices. i would say a week or two because no preservatives and such but i have no idea. lol

Express yourself!

Share your thoughts! I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Medical and Site Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Cinthia Torres, TheHealthBits.com and Veda Media, LLC. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. © 2017 The Health Bits